Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Project for Silkscreen Class - Missing & Murdered Aboriginal Women

For my final level of silkscreen I wanted to focus on an installation piece. I'm planning to create a piece focusing on Missing & Murdered Aboriginal Women in Canada. Which is a very heavy art piece.

I imagine this to fit in a small room and have 5-10 figures that surround a circular drum. Eventually on my blogspot, I'll have the finished piece up. I'll be posting a video and some photos soon.

My materials I'm using are:
  • 5 Coloured Speedball Ink.
  • 230 Silkscreen mesh.
  • UV base.
  • Fishing Line.

Gradient Speedballing - With 5 colours



Next Layer on top of the gradient.

Detail shot.

My detail that I worked on for 4 days. With acetate and Sharpie Oil Based Marker.



2 comments:

  1. Your project is serious, but it is also a fine tribute, a piece honouring these women in a thoughtful way. Love how your second layer turned out. Beautiful work, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. It's been an emotionally draining project but I've been really happy with the process so far.

    ReplyDelete