Monday, June 17, 2013

Starting a DIY Silkscreen Station

Being out of the studio for the summer I created a way to silk screen without going to a studio. Which cost me only 70 dollars for all the materials.
 
All my materials are a 8' by 10' inch silk screen, a halogen light, a kit of exposure base and a heat lamp.

 The first thing I did was set up a base for where I would store my screen and my inks. I thought why not keep them in my closet. It's cool and dark in there.
I set up my light about 12 inches away from my table. Not bad since the exposure times were very quick.

I bought a cheap frame from the dollar store and set it up inside the screen to avoid the light from spreading. Also it's really important to have a black material underneath the light or the light will disperse every where.

 Not bad so far, the bath tub did a great job of removing the emulsion.
The tests turned out great. Now to start printing on good paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment